California Inline Skating is now out of print...
But not out of reach! See these tours online at
California Inline Skating,
the Complete Guide to the best places to skate
Glide, slalom and figure-eight your way through the state with me,Liz Miller. I'll guide you through 300 of the best places to skate in California. Covering more than 1,140 miles of prime pavement, California In-line Skating takes you from the rugged Humboldt County coast and the Yosemite Valley floor to the Venice Beach boardwalk and the San Diego Embarcadero, with plenty of ocean front paths, back country roads, lakeside loops, and smooth parking lots in between. Ratings for scenic beauty, as well as skill level and pavement quality are given for each destination. Inside you'll find:
- In-depth descriptions of each skating tour, including specifics on all the bumps, turns, and spectacular views you'll encounter along the way
- Easy-to-use maps and precise directions to every great skating spot in California, plus an exhaustive, user friendly index.
- More than 40 pages of pointers on how to get rolling, with detailed information on everything from buying skates that really fit to avoiding injuries while you skate.
- Step-by-step lessons for everyone from beginners to advanced skaters, including how to master the tip-toe roll and slalom like a pro.
- In-line aerobic workouts to keep you in great shape.
- A 20-page resource guide featuring extensive lists of in-line skating shops; instructors; local and national clubs and organizations; and rinks, arenas and parks ideal for in-liners.
California In-line Skating is a great resource for skaters of all levels....Liz Miller's enthusiasm for the sport is contagious; every page motivates skaters to get outdoors.
Beth Howard, co-host of the In-line America TV show and senior editor of Sports Traveler magazine.